Oman Extension in Car Insurance
Travel is part and parcel of life. When you visit a new place, you get a chance to explore its culture, way of life, cuisine, flora and fauna, and so much more. And, as you must already know, there are a few important things you need to take care of while travelling, especially your documents like ID proofs, driving licence, vehicle registration, etc.
This also extends to your car insurance. If you possess a car insurance policy registered in the UAE, it will not be valid in countries beyond the UAE - because of the applicable geographical limitations.
And, you may have plans to visit other countries, like say, Oman by road during a long weekend or when you get a few holidays, to relax and rejuvenate. You certainly don’t want any hassles related to an invalid car insurance policy when you’re on vacation.
So, what can you do in such situations? Can your car insurance coverage be extended to Oman? Let’s see!
Oman Extension Cover
The Oman Extension Cover is an add-on feature that you can add to your car insurance policy for extra coverage. You are required to have this cover to drive your vehicle and get claims for any potential damages that may happen to your car in Oman.
However, if any damage happens to a third party in Oman because of your vehicle, this cover will not pay for the same. You have to buy a third-party cover online or while you are at the border to cover any third-party costs.
Why do you need an Oman Extension Cover?
There are numerous reasons why you need an Oman Extension Cover, like -
If you are a frequent traveller to Oman, you should add this cover to your car insurance. Driving your vehicle in Oman demands valid insurance coverage as a legal requirement. It ensures that you are compliant with the laws of the country while driving there.
2️⃣Protection Against Damages
Your car insurance must have the Oman Extension Cover if you are planning to travel to Oman. It will protect you and cover costs incurred by you if your car incurs any damage or you suffer from any injuries during an accident, theft, etc.
3️⃣Convenience An Oman Extension Cover is a very convenient and cost-effective option as you do not have to buy a separate insurance policy if you are travelling to Oman. This add-on feature provides coverage to you for both UAE and Oman under a single policy.
However, check all the terms and conditions of the Oman Extension Coverage before buying it from the insurance company as they may vary from insurer to insurer.
How to add the Oman Extension Cover to your policy?
There are a few steps that you need to follow to add the Oman Extension Cover to your policy -
1. Visit any broker’s website of your choice and click on ‘Car Insurance’.
2. Enter your details as well as your car’s details like the make and model of your car, registration year of your car, your driving experience, location, etc.
3. Once you fill in these details, you will be navigated to the ‘Quote Page’ where you will find different quotes from different insurers.
4. Here, you may find that few insurers offer Oman Extension Cover as an inbuilt add-on, while others may provide you with an option to add the same by paying an extra premium.
5. Pick the option that fits your needs and proceed with the payment.
Who should get the Oman Extension Cover?
If you are a frequent traveller to Oman for business purposes or love travelling and exploring different activities there, the Oman Extension Cover is the apt cover for you.
You might land up in trouble if you do not have this cover. In case of an accident or car theft in Oman, you won’t be able to avail of any coverage for damages and injuries caused to you and your car.
Few Things to Note About the Oman Extension Cover
Before choosing the add-on feature of Oman extension cover on your car insurance policy, you should be aware of some important aspects.
● The extension will only provide coverage to your car in case of any damages caused in Oman.
● If you want to cover any injuries caused to a third party or damages to their property in Oman, you will have to purchase a separate third-party policy, either online or at the border.
● Few insurers provide this feature as an inbuilt cover with the car insurance policy whereas few insurers may charge you extra for adding the same to your policy.
● You can also purchase an Oman Extension Cover separately, but buying the add-on will be a convenient and cost-effective option for you.
To Wrap Up,
If you are a regular traveller to Oman, it is worth buying the Oman Extension cover for yourself. It not only provides coverage to you in case of an accident or injury but also covers all the costs of damages caused to your vehicle. We hope this article gave you enough clarity about the Oman Extension Cover and its importance.